We are looking for volunteers who are willing to help yourselves and others find true happiness through Dharma services and cultural programs, thereby accumulating merits of compassion and wisdom. When you take part in our volunteer program, you will also learn how to be more mindful of your actions, speech and thoughts, and then to develop the inner resources to have a happier life.
Volunteers play a vital role at our temple. Their behavior and conduct will spread Buddha’s teachings, and also support others in their path to seek true happiness through the Dharma. Therefore, we hope our volunteers could be able to, but not limited to:
- Have a kind heart to help
- Respect every fellow volunteer and person that they serve
- Would like to support people with both physical and emotional problems
- Be comfortable working with diverse background people, be tolerant, patient and flexible with any kind of work being assigned.
- Have good time management and emotion management
We are proud to offer various projects to our volunteers, including:
- Kitchen work
- Dharma service preparation and onsite support
- Cultural programs preparation and onsite support
- Language teaching and culture exchange
- Charity and fundraising event
- Photo and video shooting and editing
- Event planning and execution
- Social platform maintenance
- Others supporting work assigned on demands
Mahayana Temple is a non-profit religious organization, so we will provide the most Dharma benefits to our volunteers. Volunteers will enjoy
- Being part of the local Buddhist community
- Group learning and communicating about Dharma teachings
- Practicing compassion through helping others
- Nutritional vegan food every day
- Practicing meditation with Venerables
We are happy to receive both short term and long term volunteers. Please email us at: email@example.com to join today!